Incorporated in May 2004 in Seattle, WA as a health center-controlled network (HCCN), PTSO is a not-for-profit healthcare technology services organization that provides member community health centers (CHCs) with collaborative clinical and patient management systems, technological infrastructure, and support. The company has grown by 250% since its inception, and been the recipient of the 2007 Washington Software Alliance (WSA) Industry Achievement Awards in the Service Provider of the Year and Best Use of Technology categories.
No other provider knows the challenges CHCs face better than PTSO. Why? Because our organization is governed by CHCs. Our members who serve low-income, under-insured, and uninsured patients have a strong voice in making sure technology is developed, shared, and used with community health centers in mind. Guided by committees chaired by executives and practicing physicians from member CHCs, PTSO provisions software development, application management, technological infrastructure, project management, and ongoing support
Why Partner with PTSO
PTSO members receive an EMR, EPM, and EDR application already customized for community health centers. Our knowledge of the NextGen® templates and application means you don't have to dedicate valuable practice time and resources to master it on your own. We understand the unique needs of CHCs and use our knowledge to ensure your implementation is a success. When you partner with PTSO, you get the value of a fully integrated practice solution combined with the expertise of our team. With our experience implementing, operating, and maintaining NextGen® EMR and NextGen® EPM and QSI EDR systems throughout the region, you are sure that your investment in technology is safe. PTSO has integrated its EHR to support several health collaboratives, including diabetes, asthma, and depression. By integrating EHR, EPM, and EDR care delivery, PTSO enables comprehensive treatment planning, better information flow, and less chance of error, as well as optimizes the applications it delivers to meet the financial reporting and workflow requirements of CHCs. And by leveraging our Reporting Service, your staff can easily and quickly track key clinical, patient, and financial measures.
- Collaborative approach. Experience and knowledge. Shared technology, best practices, and information. Cost savings from group purchasing.
- Singular focus and influence. Led by members. Optimized applications developed just for CHCs. Specialized expertise focused on the specific needs of CHCs.
- Peace of mind. 24x7 security and disaster recovery. Up-to-date on emerging trends and regulations. No costly mistakes. Mitigated risks. Less focus on technology concerns and more emphasis on patient care and growth.
- Extensive expertise and experience in health information technology (HIT). Highly redundant technology. World-class data center. Separate disaster recovery site. 24x7 monitoring and support staff. Maximum uptime for PTSO user community. Early preparation for meaningful use compliance. Full HIPAA compliance and security requirements.
- Best practice sharing. The right tools and services offering essential functionality for CHCs. Trusted partner for implementation, customization, and support. Shortened implementation times and fast new functionality utilization.
PTSO Member CHCs
We are proud to serve the following healthcare organizations:
- Country Doctor Community Health Centers (founding member)
- HealthPoint (founding member)
- Neighborcare Health (founding member)
- Yakima Neighborhood Health Services
- Family Health Centers
PTSO Quick Facts
We have successfully implemented EPM, EHR, and EDR systems for:
- Eight CHCs in Washington state
- 45 clinics / care delivery sites
- 335 providers
- 200 case workers & enabling providers
- 200,000 patients
- 550,000 annual encounters
- 1,200 online users